Friday, August 28, 2009

Do Not Steal

I have to be smarter than the people .. I must make sure no one can find out ....

Hmmm..it is safe now...

The five precepts are the most fundamental rules that good Buddhist should observe. 1) Do not Kill 2) Do not steal 3) Do not engage in sexual misconduct 4) Do not lie or make false speech 5) Do not consume intoxicants.

Aware of the suffering caused by exploitation, social injustice, stealing, and oppression, I am committed to cultivating loving kindness and learning ways to work for the well-being of people, animals, plants, and minerals. I will practice generosity by sharing my time, energy, and material resources with those who are in real need. I am determined not to steal and not to possess anything that should belong to others. I will respect the property of others, but I will prevent others from profiting from human suffering or the suffering of other species on Earth.

By a Zen Master

No comments:

Post a Comment